Saikou Teppanyaki & Whisky Bar delivers premium authentic Japanese cuisine in a busy vibrant bar environment, located in Timaru’s CBD, at approach to ‘Bay Hill’ adjacent to loop road, overlooking beautiful Caroline Bay. New to the city, Saikou TWB delivers exceptional Japanese cuisine with an emphasis on whiskys and craft beers. Our chefs offer a sensational Japanese menu, designed to be shared (tapas style).
- Our meals are designed to be shared, Tapas Style. Portion sizes to be savoured, each prepared with expertise and served to perfection. Order a single or variety of dishes to satisfy all tastes and appetites.
- Using premium quality produce, Saikou chefs have created a sensational Japanese menu. Perfect on your own or with a group of friends, while enjoying whisky, wine, Japanese beers, local craft beers or saké.
- Lunch Bar menu of Bento Boxes and Platters include Yakitori chargrilled chicken, Gyokai Tempura, Sushi selection, a daily Japanese curry and many more succulent dishes.
- Dinner Bar menu of premium dishes. Tempt and satisfy your taste buds with exceptional tapas style platters, salads and sushi delicacies.
- $17 Lunch Bento Boxes, delivered free to Timaru CBD every day 12-2pm (except Monday). A special treat for you and work colleagues without leaving the office!
Once derided as somewhat out of fashion, whisk(e)y, whether it's bourbon, Scotch, rye, Japanese whisky, or more unusual global offerings, has come roaring back in popularity. And as with all things whisky-related, Saikou offers the best environment to sip in a dram, with a substantial (and comparatively inexpensive) selection of rare bottles from special distilleries from which to choose.
- WHISKY TASTING TRAY: The Barman’s selection | $25 Taste five sample whisky’s selected by our bar staff to get you started.
- WHISKY (Spirit) LOCKERS: talk to Gavin and his team about the privilege of your very own whisky or spirit locker.