Our meals are designed to be shared (Tapas Style)
Our chefs will serve up sensational Japanese menu, designed to be shared, so you can order a variety of dishes and combine them to make a full meal. Perfect on your own or with a group of friends, while drinking whisky, wine, Japanese beers, local craft beers or sake. In the evening the lights are dimmed for a bar setting.
Teppanyaki, Yakitori, Sushi and Sashimi are the main types of cooking of Japanese cuisine.
The word Teppanyaki is derived from teppan, which means iron plate, and yaki, which means grilled, broiled, or pan-fried.
Yakitori means skewered food.
Sushi is consisting of cooked vinegared rice combined with other ingredients usually raw fish or other seafood.
Sashimi is very fresh raw meat or fish sliced into thin pieces. The ingredients for these dishes are sourced from fresh local supplies when possible.
SUSHI, SASHIMI & SHARED PLATTERS
- - Edamame Chargrilled or boiled soy beans served with sea salt
- - Crispy Rice Balls Deep fried panko rice balls with wasabi mayo
- - Sake Salmon Chargrilled salmon finished with lemon ponzu sauce & spring onions
- - Yakitori Chargrilled chicken thigh on a bamboo skewer with tare sauce
- - Ebi Hottopureto Garlic prawns served on hot plate with sizzling soy
- - Japanese Curry Daily curry
- - Salt & Pepper Crispy fried tofu & squid with spring onion, soy & chilli
- - Gyokai Tempura Selection of seafood tempura served tentsuyu